Social Distance Learning Protocol
At Little STEaMers | Berkeley Academy, we want to ensure the health and safety of all children and staff during these unprecedented times. Please note the following Social-Distancing Protocol that our school follows.
● Low class sizes to promote social distancing within the classroom environment.
● Stable groups of students and staff throughout the school day.
● During drop off, Parents will wear a mask or face covering to drop off at the assigned area at all times, and will not be permitted to enter the classroom.
● All students will wear face shields or masks at all times, except while eating and drinking or engaging in physical activity.
● Temperature checks will be taken on all children and staff upon arrival along with a verbal questionnaire regarding symptoms and possible exposure.
● All staff will take a health self-assessment daily when reporting to work.
● Staff will wear shield at all times, except while eating and drinking.
● All children and staff will wash their hands upon arrival and throughout the day.
● A thorough mid-day cleaning will occur each day.
● A strict sick policy will be enforced among students and staff that will not allow anyone with a fever of 100 degrees or more to return until they are symptom-free for 72 hours. A doctor’s clearance is required upon return.
● We will be using Clorox wipes, Alcohol Spray, and UVC (UltraViolet C) disinfection, and EPA registered Hypochlonous Acid spray to disinfect our facility in each classroom and common areas nightly to cover all surface areas. (Information can be provided upon request)
● If a family travels out of the country or a region deemed a “hot zone” for COVID cases, they must self-quarantine for 14 days before they return to school.
● If a child is exhibiting any COVID symptoms, they will not be allowed to return for 72 hours. If the symptoms persist, they will not be able to return without a negative test result or a doctor's note.
TK - K All-Inclusive Program
...getting ready for a lifetime of learning
Our Transition Kinder and Kindergarten program engages students in S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math)-focused learning through hands-on interaction. Our program aims to challenge the traditional classroom by transforming the environment into a thematic learning experience. Through our program, students will have the opportunity to apply math, science, and writing in diverse settings from cooking to computer science. By fostering curiosity and a love of life-long learning, our students will build a foundation of cooperative learning, cumulative understanding, and practical experience.
We offer a Full-Day Kindergarten Program as well as Half-Day program for kids who attend public AM or PM school. In order to maintain a small student:staff ratio, spaces are limited.