Social Distance Learning Protocol
At Little STEaMers | Berkeley Academy, we want to ensure the health and safety of all children and staff during these unprecedented times. Please note the following Social-Distancing Protocol that our school follows.
● Low class sizes to promote social distancing within the classroom environment.
● Stable groups of students and staff throughout the school day.
● During drop off, Parents will wear a mask or face covering to drop off at the assigned area at all times, and will not be permitted to enter the classroom.
● All students will wear face shields or masks at all times, except while eating and drinking or engaging in physical activity.
● Temperature checks will be taken on all children and staff upon arrival along with a verbal questionnaire regarding symptoms and possible exposure.
● All staff will take a health self-assessment daily when reporting to work.
● Staff will wear shield at all times, except while eating and drinking.
● All children and staff will wash their hands upon arrival and throughout the day.
● A thorough mid-day cleaning will occur each day.
● A strict sick policy will be enforced among students and staff that will not allow anyone with a fever of 100 degrees or more to return until they are symptom-free for 72 hours. A doctor’s clearance is required upon return.
● We will be using Clorox wipes, Alcohol Spray, and UVC (UltraViolet C) disinfection, and EPA registered Hypochlonous Acid spray to disinfect our facility in each classroom and common areas nightly to cover all surface areas. (Information can be provided upon request)
● If a family travels out of the country or a region deemed a “hot zone” for COVID cases, they must self-quarantine for 14 days before they return to school.
● If a child is exhibiting any COVID symptoms, they will not be allowed to return for 72 hours. If the symptoms persist, they will not be able to return without a negative test result or a doctor's note.
TK - K All-Inclusive Program
...getting ready for a lifetime of learning
Our Transition Kinder and Kindergarten program engages students in S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math)-focused learning through hands-on interaction. Our program aims to challenge the traditional classroom by transforming the environment into a thematic learning experience. Through our program, students will have the opportunity to apply math, science, and writing in diverse settings from cooking to computer science. By fostering curiosity and a love of life-long learning, our students will build a foundation of cooperative learning, cumulative understanding, and practical experience.
We offer a Full-Day Kindergarten Program as well as Half-Day program for kids who attend public AM or PM school. In order to maintain a small student:staff ratio, spaces are limited.
Our Program Details
Imagine your child more creative, social, active, confident, learning, and having more fun. Unlike toys, which often are limited in the number of ways you can play with them, blocks are open-ended. They empower children to use their imagination to build their own world, rather than inhabit one we create for them. Kids try new things and stretch their abilities.
Theme of the Week
Having a weekly theme for kids helps nurture their creative spirit and keeps them interested in learning. Math Monday, Science Tuesday, Sharing Wednesday, Reading Thursday & Art/ Cooking Friday.
Etiquette & Life Skills
Through our Etiquette & Life Skills program, our kinders will watch videos and role play similar scenarios to practice their life skills with asking help, interacting in public, setting boundaries, being polite, respectful and problem solving.
In Hands-On Science, students use their five senses to learn about the world around them. Plant a garden full of healthy vegetables while learning about the plant cycle, blow a bubble tower to see how water tension works, and build an explosive volcano to watch a chemical reaction take place!
Circle Time/ Read-A-Loud
We will use this time to establish routine, interact with multicultural stories, and engage with each other during show-and-tell. Circle Time supports the development of socialization, listening skills, and fine and gross motor skills. Read-a-loud increases students’ engagement, understanding, and appreciation of literature.
Kinder Math Infinity
KMI aims to foster good habits and attitudes towards learning. It is designed for students Pre-K to 1st grade. KMI emphasizes independent and active problem solving (observation, thinking, judgement, execution). Children will learn to analyze, discover, think and solve. By practicing manipulatives, they become concentrated and more careful. Their abilities to do logical reasoning, to handle 3D space, and to correspond shapes and colors are also greatly enhanced in the course.
Arts, Crafts & Cooking
Kinders will participate in art and cooking activities related to the theme of the week! Whether it is painting, folding origami or even toasting delicious s'mores, students will enjoy their time each other.
Chinese, Hindi & Spanish
Recent research shows that bilingual children outperform monolingual children on tasked that tap into executive function— skills having to do with attention control, reasoning, and flexible problem solving. We are strong believers in the benefits of being bilingual, so we offer daily language classes for the students.